Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First pics post-op

I went in for surgery early in the morning on Wednesday August 29th, 2012, and came home on the evening of Friday, August 31st. These are the pictures I took that day. What was immediately obvious (and astonishing) to me was how different my shape was already; I was swollen and bloated from surgery, but rather than having a high, round belly that looked pregnant, I had the low, swollen belly I remembered from immediately postpartum with my deliveries. The attending surgeon described my uterus as being "enormous" and said that it "looked like an octopus"; the resident surgeon laughed and said she thought it looked more like a squid. Both agreed that I should expect to find myself very bruised, as it was far larger than the six-inch incision and they had to, in their words, "really wrestle to get it out". Gross.




No comments:

Post a Comment